A downloadable game for Windows
Polished Build is the final version of the game.
Changelog for polished version
- Fixed the UI scaling for different ratios.
- Item and collider sizes are rescaled and rerotated for easier pickup.
- Removed the black band behind the HUD. Reposition some of the HUD elements.
- Added comments to the source code.
- Added debugging options for the editor.
- Added an Item Guide, so all all items are shown their categories.
- Items no longer drop off the rail.
- Spotlight is animated for immersion purposes.
- Optimized the final cinematic due to crashes. There was a flaw in the spawning logic which made way too many items spawn at the same time.
- Added a pause screen to notify the player.
- Made sure items are not draggable when time is paused.
UI optimized for 1080 HD monitors.
Created for the “one-time use” jam as part of Games Jobs Live Games Parade Summer 2021.
We could have gone a bunch of different ways with this theme, but we settled on a game that revolves around single-use plastics and that makes an environmental statement.
You play as a small town factory worker volunteering at the local recycling plant over the course of a week. It is your job to sort incoming recycle-able items from the single-use plastics and other trash coming down the conveyor belt.
At the start of every day, you will receive a memo from your manager, explaining a little bit about the shipment of trash that players will need to sort through, including what to look out for over the course of the day, and which items to separate.
Figma Link - https://www.figma.com/proto/Rm4YBPA1y1wqGfZiRDMIW8/Plastics-Please?node-id=3%3A549&scaling=min-zoom&page-id=0%3A1&starting-point-node-id=3%3A2
GDD Link - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ouT1DFx4jd4DVJGWYqFcSJ6LytSaDVPFW0O8N455Dl4/...
|Authors||stevenmira, Efe Karacar|
|Tags||Casual, Low-poly, Mouse only, Narrative, One-shot, Physics, Short, Top-Down|
|Average session||A few minutes|
Demo - Extract and play with exe!
Source - Extract and open with Unity 2019.4.18f1!
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.